Head lice. Just hearing the topic makes most people immediately start scratching their heads. We don’t all have the knowledge or experience to know what is or isn’t head lice. This may lead you to the question: Do I have nits or am I paranoid?
No one wants head lice, but for some, they represent a near phobia (or even a true phobia: Pediculophobia, is the fear of lice). Just the idea that there are seemingly invisible bugs crawling on you is too horrifying to imagine. But that’s exactly what many people do. Imagine. Just reading about lice or hearing the word can make many people start scratching!
WHY IS MY HAIR SO ITCHY BUT NO LICE?
So you’ve had your head checked and re-checked and now you wonder why is my hair so itchy but no lice are there? There are a few reasons people ask why is my head so itchy no lice are there? Here are a few:
- Dandruff is a condition of the scalp that everyone gets. It causes itching resulting in flaking off of the scalp.
- Weather can suck the moisture out of your skin, making you itch. Hot humid weather can make you sweat which can build up on your scalp and also make you itch.
- New hair treatments. If you’ve started a new hair care regimen, it’s possible that your skin is sensitive to the new products. If you’ve recently had your hair colored or permed or treated, those salon chemicals can have a very drying effect.
- New laundry products. It’s possible if you’ve changed from your regular products that your clothes or bedding are making you itch.
- Head lice treatments. Unfortunately, most of the products that are available over the counter or by prescription are by design and necessity, harsh. These are known to dry out the scalp – which again, makes you itch. Even if you haven’t used any chemical products, just the simple act of excessive physical combing (and rubbing and poking and prodding and pulling) can irritate the scalp, and you guessed it – make you itch.
- Phantom Lice Syndrome – Psychosomatic lice. Just thinking about lice can make you itch, and the more you scratch, the more you itch. And the more you may think you have head lice.
You can never be 100% sure if your head is suffering from head lice. But it is a good idea to take a closer look at your head if you experience any of the symptoms mentioned above. This will help you determine if you indeed are suffering from head lice. And if you are, it is best to immediately take the necessary steps to cure it. This can help prevent it from spreading to other members of the family.
Get rid of your head lice with the help of NitNOT. We offer head lice treatment in the UK using products that are hypo-allergenic and free from toxic chemicals, fragrances and solvents. Our eco-friendly and ethical solution will kill all head lice and eggs without any compromise to your family’s being. Shop now!